A few months ago, I counted down to my top British sitcom. Here, I present my top ten list in full. Click on the links to go to the post for each of the sitcoms.
10. The Vicar of Dibley – The traditional English village of Dibley is assigned a woman vicar.
9. Father Ted – Three priests of the Roman Catholic Church living together with their housekeeper on a remote island.
8. The Office – A fictional documentary about the employees working in the office of Wernham Hogg Paper Company.
7. Yes Minister – A look into the political career of Jim Hacker, the minster for the Department for Administrative Affairs.
6. Peep Show – Peeping into the eyes and minds of Mark Corrigan and Jeremy Usbourne, two very different flatmates.
5. Only Fools and Horses – Two brothers making a living selling dodgy goods on the mean streets of London.
4. Fawlty Towers – Basil Fawlty is a snob in charge of a hotel.
3. Red Dwarf – The last human, a humanoid evolved from a cat, a mechanoid and a hologram are lost in deep space.
2. Blackadder – A journey through English history with the cunning Edmund Blackadder.
1. One Foot in the Grave – Following his retirement, whatever can go wrong, does go wrong for Victor Meldrew.